FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $250!
BULK DIY JERKY SEASONINGS
• No antibiotics, growth hormones or steroids added.
Only a small percentage of the cattle that we hand select and harvest to be Nebraska Star Beef steaks make the USDA Prime grade. That lands these NY Strips in a class of their own. We take a lot of pride in our aging process, it is what allows us to take great beef and make it even better. When we start with beef as rare as USDA Prime, the aging process turns it into something very rare and very special.
Weight: 12 oz
Order of operations:
• Thaw slowly – submerge in a pan of cool water if you’re in a hurry, NEVER a microwave.
• Season – Your preferred seasoning, to taste. Some folks apply oil to the steak prior to seasoning, we do not believe that is the best approach, nor do we recommend it.
• Cook – Keep track of the internal temp, that’ll tell you when it’s done. Get a good digital thermometer.
• Rest – 5 to 10 minutes is best. Don’t cover the steak when it rests, it will stay warm, covering will cause the “coast up” temp to be higher than desired in most cases.
• Serve – Let your guests carve their own steak, unless they’re little kids or you’re a control freak…cutting a steak is part of a pleasurable eating experience.
The 12oz NY Strip is hard to beat. It comes from the “loin” section of the beef and is a great combination of flavor, texture, tenderness and cook ability. NY Strip steaks are typically boneless, with the exception of its presence on the Porterhouse. The NY Strip will exhibit “marbling” similar to that of the Ribeye, which is what gives the steak it’s flavor and juicy nature. We cut our 12oz NY Strips to approximately 1-1.25” thick. All cattle vary in size so the thickness of the steaks will vary a degree from steak to steak based on the animal from which it came. Lots of folks ask us why our steak thickness varies, and the reason is that we cut our steaks to a specific weight, given the fact that all cattle are slightly different sizes, that means that the variation shows up in the thickness of the steak. If we cut all the steaks to the same thickness, then the weight of the steaks would vary….which would greatly complicate selling them online.
All of our beef is “wet aged” which is a fairly common thing among beef producers. That said, we wet age our beef a minimum of 35 days, which is longer than much of our competition. This makes a difference in flavor and tenderness. The process of wet aging allows enzymes that are naturally present in beef to begin to break down and tenderize the beef. It has more effect on tenderness than it does flavor. Dry Aging, by comparison, is a much different process that relies on the same naturally occurring enzymes to tenderize the beef and dry aging also allows moisture to migrate out of the beef which tends to concentrate the flavor. Dry Aging is a process that is much more like aging artisanal cheese and tends to take on a stronger flavor that not all consumers enjoy. We’ve found “wet aging” for an extended period to be the best case scenario for us.
Excellent! What more can I say. We are going to order New York Prime Strip Steaks again soon for gifts to a friend and ourselves. Thank you for lowering the shipping costs to Hawaii as it allows us to re-order more often. Please stay as family friendly as you all are and I will be calling in a gift order very soon
consistently great ny strips!
All of the beef was excellent, but the ground was the best.
It used to be that high end delicious steak was for 'special' dinners. We have now turned our Nebraska Star Beef into 'who. needs a special occasion'. Always tender. Can't be beat. Attentive customer care.